NYU Winthrop Named Official Hospital of NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial ColiseumAug 30, 2017
NYU Winthrop has been named the Official Hospital of NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Beginning with the Cirque Du Soleil: OVO performance on August 30, NYU Winthrop will become the presenting sponsor of the main concourse and provide additional amenities that will enhance the overall guest experience for event-goers.
“NYU Winthrop has been serving Long Island since 1896 and we are excited to extend our reach to the Coliseum, further expanding our presence in one of the most storied assets in Nassau County,” said John F. Collins, President and CEO of NYU Winthrop Hospital. “We are proud to be a part of the newest and most exciting venue on Long Island.”
"As a leading medical institution, NYU Winthrop represents the best of Long Island and we are pleased to align with such an important local institution," said Michael Zavodsky, Executive Vice President of Global Partnerships at Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment.
As part of the new partnership, NYU Winthrop will receive marketing and branding rights for all events at the venue, including a large digital wall.
Upcoming events at the Coliseum include:
- Cirque Du Soleil: OVO on August 30 & 31, September 1-3
- Barry Manilow on September 14
- Roger Waters, co-founder of the rock band Pink Floyd, on Sept. 15 & 16
- New York Islanders preseason game on Sept. 17
- Professional Bull Riders: Built Ford Tough Series on September 23 & 24
- Paul McCartney on September 26 & 27
- Bruno Mars on October 5
- Brooklyn Nets Preseason game on October 11
- Long Island Hoops: Maryland vs. Stony Brook on November 10
- Disney On Ice: Dare to Dream on November 15-19, November 23-26
- JAY-Z on December 2